BMW K75S - 1994
BMW K75S Limited Edition in Dakar Yellow, 27,035 original miles
Well-maintained everything works, maintenance logs, no damage, lots of extras
This is the website I used when I listed the bike for sale. Has a good description of the bike.
Bike Fitted for Touring
- Hard Cover Locking Panniers. Included are two new Soft Baggage Inserts
- Top Case features 1/4-Dzus quick release for easy mounting/removal.
- Tank Bag offers an expansion insert for added storage and a weatherproof plastic map cover
- GPS Navigation: Mount for dedicated GPS includes a custom 5v power supply.
- Corbin seat is very comfortable on 800 mile day rides
- Handlebar Extensions give the Sport Bike an improved touring posture.
& Power Supply
- A dedicated USB cable runs to the instrument panel to drive any GPS
- Or you can charge a 2nd device that fits under the seat or run a 2nd cable, etc.
- Device is wired to the switched ignition but you can disconnect it from the buss using the rocker switch on the box
- (The larger box in the center is the anti-theft controller)
I bought the bike in Feb 2011 from a friend who bought it 2 years earlier. So I’ve known it for 11 years. No damage. I read (but now cannot find the reference) that only 50 copies of this special edition were imported into the USA in 1994. All in this shade of Yellow. Ted Verrill has a great info site on the K75 model years.
If you are serious about bike maintenance, you check the bike before each ride and you do full annual inspections replacing any part not to spec. Here’s an overview, details are in the logs.
Three Maintenance Manuals included (Two Clymer, One Haynes)
Fuel: Replaced rubber housing for pump inside tank. Replaced all fuel lines and fuel filter.
ABS: Replaced control unit.
Engine: Mobil1 Super-Syn, Have Oil Filter tool, Iridium Spark Plugs, coolant flushed regularly
Drive Train: Michelin Pilot Activ tires, Spline lubed, Fork Oil replaced, Rear drive oil replaced
Brakes: Flushed lines regularly, New pads, New master cylinder
New Battery 2016, external socketfor battery charger or maintainer
Odometer: The original BMW gears in the odometer will turn into “oatmeal” at some point. I replaced these with custom made gears from odometergears.com